Barry, My Liege :
It is good that you have publicly renounced the participation of the United States of America in torturing prisoners.
Here's why :
1. Torture does not work - we get better intelligence from traditional sources.
2. The people who say torturing prisoners provides useful information are LYING.
Proof is offered by a systematic study of the effects of torture here : http://detaineetaskforce.org/report/
The report is written by the Constitution Project's Task Force.
People undergoing torure will say anything to stop the pain ; therefore any information provided from torture is probably false.
3. It is illegal and against our values as Americans.
4. It places our servicemen and women at greater risk of torture.
5. Torture damages the National Security of the United States of America.
Your faithful servant,