You are receiveing a lot of flak for the Libya action, but it is the right thing to do.
Here's why action in Libya is good for the United States:
1. Act in concert with our values and principles - we value freedom and democracy over violence and fear;
2. Restore and enhance the honor of the United States of America - we are doing the right thing even if we are limited in our abilities;
3. Humanitarian response - we should not stand by while women, children and unarmed men are brutalized by their government - and we are saving lives;
4. Get on the right side of history for a change - clearly a movement among Arab youth is rocking the world and we have been on the dictators' side in reputation and fact;
5. Our stance is already reaping positive change in other countries - whether or not anyone intervenes, repressive governments are looking over their shoulder;
6. Improve our national security - fewer terrorists will attack us when they have some freedom and hope in their own country;
7. Quick turnover of leading role to NATO helps our image in the world;
8. Involve other countries in NATO and the Arab league in our action - it is not a unilateral USA act; and,
9. We can wear our flag with pride again.