It is fair to call the United States of America under President trump a modern version of a Satellite State of Russia under Putin.
There has not been any executive action in trump's Presidency which has contained Russia in any way. On the contrary, the White House has gone out of its way to make Russian interests paramount.
Concurrently, it is fair to call trump a Russian puppet governor. trump appears to be taking direction from Moscow on policies and procedures for the United States to follow.
So far, the White House has not called for the abandonment of Sanctions on Russia and specific individuals which resulted from the Russian attack on Ukraine; but it is probably only a matter of time until that happens.
Though the following is by no means inclusive, here are several specific actions from the White House which have served Russia directly, or, indirectly by making the United States weaker.
1. Tillerson was appointed Secretary of State, probably at Putin's request. trump said he did not know Tillerson before the election but that Tillerson was recommended by Putin.
2. Tillerson's first act was to fire all the mid-level State Department diplomats who were coordinating NATO's response to Russian aggression in Ukraine.
3. Several active investigations - House of Representatives, Senate, FBI - are exploring charges of Russian meddling in the United States election process.
4. Leaders of each investigation have resigned under mysterious circumstances, made inexplicable and compromising statements and actions or have been fired by trump. The cumulative effect of these actions has been to call into question the otherwise credible charges of collusion.
5. trump entertained Russia's foreign minister and ambassador - who has been accused of being an active Russian spymaster - in the White House, for the first time EVER. The likely agenda of the meeting, from which the American press was banned, is the coordination of policy moves.
6. trump will meet Putin on his first foreign trip - also to coordinate policy actions for the USA.
7. trump's extensive dismantling of Executive Actions designed to protect workers' lives and the environment from degradation has weakened the country.
8. Republican dismantlng of health care has already created fear and anger in the population; the weakening of insurance protection under Obamacare will harm millions of people.
9. Education Secretary deVos has weakened Federal funding of higher education which will harm our future scientific progress, from which comes our long term economic growth. Additionally, Federal student loan interest has been raised 20%, thus ensuring the indentured servitude of an entire generation of college students.
10. The Washington Post has just revealed that President Trump gave highly classified information to Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak during last week’s meeting. May 15, 2017.
Here is a history of Russian involvement in Eastern European affairs after World War II from wikipedia.
At the end of World War II, most eastern and central European countries were occupied by the Soviet Union, and along with the USSR made up what is sometimes called the Soviet Empire. The Soviets remained in these countries after the war's end. Through a series of coalition governments including Communist parties, and then a forced liquidation of coalition members unliked by the Soviets, Stalinist systems were established in each country. Stalinists gained control of existing governments, police, press and radio outlets in these countries. Soviet satellite states in Europe included:
The People's Socialist Republic of Albania (Satellite 1944–1960; government extant until 1992)
The Polish People's Republic (1944–1989)
The People's Republic of Bulgaria (1946–1990)
The People's Republic of Romania (1947–1965)
The Czechoslovak Socialist Republic (1948–1989)
The German Democratic Republic (1949–1990)
The Hungarian People's Republic (1949–1989)
The Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia is sometimes referred to as a Soviet satellite, though it broke from the Soviet Union in the 1948 Tito-Stalin split, with the Cominform offices being moved from Belgrade to Bucharest, and subsequently initiated formation of the Non-Aligned Movement. The People's Republic of Albania, under the leadership of Stalinist Enver Hoxha, broke ties with the Soviet Union in 1960 following the Soviet de-Stalinization process. These countries were, at least between 1945 and 1948, all members of the Eastern Bloc.