America is facing some big challenges. It's personal, but: Who do I want batting for the home team of the major candidates so far??
Here's my list:
1. Barack Obama: Beats Clinton with 5 of 9 for a .560 average.
2. Hillary Clinton: a pretty good batting average: 4.5 of 9 for a .500 average.
3. Wes Clark scores 4 out of 9 for a batting average of .444.
4. Bill Richardson scores 3.5 out of 9 for a batting average of .390.
I really don't want any hitters with less than a .300 average trying to protect me and my family. Maybe one of the struggling candidates can take some coaching and improve their game, just in case they come up to bat:
5. John Edwards scores 2 out of 9 for a batting average of .220.
6. Mitt Romney: Total 1 of 9 for a batting average of .110.
7. John McCain scores 1 of 9 for a batting average of 110.
If one of the three above gets a plate appearance, we all need to pray a lot.
One candidate should be permanently benched and used only as trade bail: Rudy Giuliani. Sorry, Rudy. You are not my go to guy.